Breakfast Roundtable & Discussion on February 9, 2012
We believe IBM is well positioned for long-term growth based on its four key growth initiatives: smarter planet, growth markets, business analytics and cloud computing. These IBM technologies are expected to deliver at least $50 billion in revenues by fiscal 2015 according to Zacks Investment Research*. This blog post will highlight social business, why it is a " smarter planet solution" and its benefits.
The consumer popularity of social media such as Facebook and Twitter has crossed over to business. Here’s how social business will benefit organizations long-term. As the pace of change accelerates and business complexity intensifies, what will differentiate an organization from its competitors? IBM believes the answer lies in not just how it works but rather how smart it works. Read more below.
Social Business has three distinct characteristics:
· A Social Business is engaged – deeply connecting people, including customers, employees, and partners, to be involved in productive, efficient ways.
· A Social Business is transparent – removing boundaries to information, experts and assets, helping people align every action to drive business results.
· A Social Business is nimble – speeding up business with information and insight to anticipate and address evolving opportunities.
Social Business has three underlying tenants:
1. Engaged – A Social Business connects people to expertise. It enable individuals – whether customers, partners or employees – to form networks to generate new sources of innovation, foster creativity, and establish greater reach and exposure to new business opportunities.
2. Transparent – A Social business strives to remove unnecessary boundaries between experts inside the company and experts in the marketplace.
3. Nimble – A Social Business leverages these social networks to speed up business, gaining realtime insight to make quicker and better decisions. It gets information to customers and partners in new ways – faster, which could include Cloud.
PCIS and IBM are hosting a free breakfast roundtable and discussion called “IBM Smarter Collaboration Seminar Vancouver – A web and social business experience on February 9, 2012”.
Read more about this exclusive seminar at http://g3t.ca/t5yPrK.
Source: * http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/67999/Earnings%2BPreview%253A%2BIBM
Liza Lee January 20th, 2012 09:56:13 AM